Wednesday 9 May 2012

Queen's Day Bargain Hunt


April 30th is the official birthday of the Dutch queen, it is called 'Koninginnedag' (Queen's Day), and on this day it is tradtional for flea markets to be held all over the country. There was one near us in Donderberg,  Roermond, so I made my way down there in the hope of snagging some gaming goodies.

It appears that in the Netherlands gaming did not really take off until the GameCube/PS2/Xbox generation. Occassionally we see the odd PSX/PSOne at fleamarkets, but it is rare to see anything older. At this year's Koninginnedag it was not much different, GameCube games being the stand out items at the market, where I picked up five quality titles for the bargain price of 10 Euros.

I'm pretty chuffed with the titles I picked up as there were some future classics there, which I never would have expected to find.

Click through to check them out!






Harvest Moon initially caught my eye, as it was on the top of the pile of games, and it's one I've fancied having a go at, but was always just a bit too expensive. If you know me, you know I love Pokémon, so picking up Pokémon XD was an easy choice to make. Michael loves Sonic, so when I saw Sonic Riders and Sonic Adventure DX, two games I knew he didn't have, I had to get them for him. Prince of Persia just rounded off the deal as I know Michael has enjoyed Prince of Persia games in the past.

Although none of the games are in great condition, with manuals missing, broken boxes, and some scratched discs, all five appear to work without problems on my Wii, so at 2 Euros a piece I can't complain.

Do you enjoy rummaging through fleamarkets for bargains? Have you found any lately? I'd love to hear from you, so please let me know in the comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment